How tubing works@ RIVER ACTIVE
- Once you have parked your vehicle in the parking lot designated for RIVER ACTIVE customers only. You will enter the CAMP STORE to fill out a Release and Waiver of Liability Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement and pay for your rental equipment.
- Please remember to bring a valid identification in with you. You must be 16 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
- All participants must sign this waiver.
- If you are between 16 and 18, you MUST bring a note from parent or guardian with their name address and phone number where the staff at RIVER ACTIVE may call them upon your arrival for us to call and verify permission.
- Please remember to bring a cash tip per person for the shuttle driver. They volunteer and this helps us to keep prices low for our customers.
- We have a changing room available for before and after floating the river.
- We also provide a safe place to hold your car keys outside at the TUBE RETURN booth. You will sign them in under your name on waiver.
- Once your entire group is ready, you will get in line with your waiver after making sure you have a life jacket if needed.
- Next, our employees will then choose a tube to best suit your needs, they will help you with a cooler tube, and get you loaded onto the shuttle bus.
- Make sure you take plenty of water and sunscreen with you.
- Then onto the shuttle bus; the ride takes about 10 minutes, up the road to Lockes Landing where you will enter the river, on a solid concrete boat landing; making it easy for everyone to settle into his or her tube.
Floating downstream from Lockes landing you will find this is one of the shallower floats on the entire Shenandoah River. Though easy to navigate, there are sections of river where the water will average a mere foot deep, sometimes with a pebble bottom or sand while other sections-pure bedrock. Your float will return you safely back to our private riverbank access.